- Advanced Whole Home Diagnostics
- New Construction Services
- Home Energy Score
- Business & Groups
- Upcoming Courses
- BPI Building Analyst Certification Training
- BPI Building Analyst / Energy Auditor Training & Certification Classes
- BPI Envelope Professional Certification
- BPI Building Analyst / Envelope Professional Training
- BPI Air Leakage Control Installer Certification
- BPI Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Certification
- BPI Heating Specialist Certification
- HERS Rater Certification Training
As home performance experts, we work closely with home builders to receive the proper evaluations and ratings to qualify for incentives and meet energy efficiency standards. The HERS Rating system (Home Energy Rating System Ratings) is a home energy rating is a requirement for many green building and energy efficient building standards, and is the nation's leading set of guidelines.
What is a HERS Rating?
A HERS Rating assigns a score to the home being evaluated on a scale from 0-150, with lower numbers representing less energy consumption (a HERS score of 0 represents a "zero energy home," which produces at least as much energy as it consumes), and higher numbers representing greater energy consumption. A standard new home would receive a score of around 100, and most existing homes fall somewhere between 100 and 150.
Having your home rated can be a great way for builders and realtors to set their homes apart in a crowded real estate market -- a good HERS score is an objective, measured representation of a home's energy efficiency.
When purchasing or building a home, an energy rating allows you to compare homes in relation to their energy efficiency.
- An energy rating is mandatory when qualifying for an energy efficient mortgage (EEM).
- An energy rating is mandatory for a home to be labeled as ENERGY STAR.
- Energy ratings can help qualify your home for certain utility rebates.
For more information about HERS Ratings, or to schedule a free phone consultation today, contact us here!