- Advanced Whole Home Diagnostics
- New Construction Services
- Home Energy Score
- Business & Groups
- Upcoming Courses
- BPI Building Analyst Certification Training
- BPI Building Analyst / Energy Auditor Training & Certification Classes
- BPI Envelope Professional Certification
- BPI Building Analyst / Envelope Professional Training
- BPI Air Leakage Control Installer Certification
- BPI Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Certification
- BPI Heating Specialist Certification
- HERS Rater Certification Training
As leading home performance specialists, we collaborate with home builders to ensure accurate evaluations and ratings, helping them qualify for incentives and comply with energy efficiency standards. The Home Energy Rating System (HERS) is a vital requirement for numerous green building and energy-efficient building standards, making it the foremost guideline in the United States.
Understanding HERS Ratings:
HERS Ratings allocate a score to the evaluated home on a scale of 0-150. Lower numbers indicate less energy consumption (a HERS score of 0 signifies a "zero energy home" that generates as much energy as it consumes), while higher numbers imply greater energy consumption. A typical new home would have a score of around 100, with most existing homes ranging between 100 and 150.
Advantages of HERS Ratings:
Obtaining a HERS Rating for your home offers builders and realtors an opportunity to differentiate their properties in a competitive real estate market. A good HERS score provides an objective, quantifiable representation of a home's energy efficiency.
When purchasing or constructing a home, an energy rating enables you to compare properties based on energy efficiency.
Energy ratings are compulsory for securing an energy-efficient mortgage (EEM).
Energy ratings are obligatory for a home to receive the ENERGY STAR label.
Energy ratings can help qualify your home for specific utility rebates.
For more information on HERS Ratings or to schedule a complimentary phone consultation today, contact us here!