- Advanced Whole Home Diagnostics
- New Construction Services
- Home Energy Score
- Business & Groups
- Upcoming Courses
- BPI Building Analyst Certification Training
- BPI Building Analyst / Energy Auditor Training & Certification Classes
- BPI Envelope Professional Certification
- BPI Building Analyst / Envelope Professional Training
- BPI Air Leakage Control Installer Certification
- BPI Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Certification
- BPI Heating Specialist Certification
- HERS Rater Certification Training
An advanced home energy audit is the first step on the path toward a more comfortable, more affordable, healthier home. Using a variety of high-tech, state-of-the-art tools, we're able to identify the key areas where your home is wasting energy and recommend the most cost-effective improvements for maximum comfort, minimum energy bills, and optimal indoor air quality and building health and safety.
Our approach in conducting advanced home energy audits is to take a comprehensive, whole-house assessment of the home, which distinguishes our "advanced whole-house energy audit" from the "clipboard audits" offered by many utilities and companies that offer a discounted audit as a means to sell products or services.
Our advanced whole-house energy audit looks at the building envelope (which includes all the components that make up your home's outer shell, including windows, doors, insulation levels, and the level of air leakage in between building materials); all combustion equipment including furnaces and water heaters; and the movement of air within the home to ensure that the air you and your family are breathing is fresh, healthy and safe. During the audit, we use an infrared camera to identify air leakage and deficient insulation, a blower door to measure the rate of air infiltration in the home, and a duct test to determine whether your ducts are well-sealed, among other tools.
Contact us with any questions or to find out more about our home energy audit process; we'd be happy to chat.