- Advanced Whole Home Diagnostics
- New Construction Services
- Home Energy Score
- About Home Star Training
- Business & Groups
- Upcoming Courses
- BPI Building Analyst Certification Training
- BPI Building Analyst / Energy Auditor Training & Certification Classes
- BPI Envelope Professional Certification
- BPI Building Analyst / Envelope Professional Training
- BPI Air Leakage Control Installer Certification
- BPI Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Certification
- BPI Heating Specialist Certification
- HERS Rater Certification Training
Home Star Iowa offers an extensive home energy inspection to homeowners interested in lowering their utility costs and creating a more energy efficient and comfortable home.
We will also provide you with a comprehensive report of the test results, including any information on potential ways to save energy and costs along with recommendations for a plan of action and financing options. We are committed to providing you with the right services that will help your decision making process as you take on any home performance project.
As home performance experts we take a “whole home approach” to our diagnostic testing. We see your house as a series of interconnected systems; the building envelope (includes exterior walls, roof, basement, etc.) heating and air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation and lighting. When problems with your house become noticeable, it is not always obvious what the cause of the underlying problem is. High energy bills, uneven temperatures between floors and rooms in your house, drafts, moisture, mold, mildew, poor indoor air quality, ice dams, pest infestations, fluctuating humidity levels and the breakdown of building materials can all be the result of a breakdown in the relationship between the systems in your house.
Should I get a home performance test?
We recommend home performance testing to homeowners who are spending too much on monthly utility bills, want to reduce their energy usage, identify any moisture, mold or indoor air quality issues and pinpoint all ice dam or attic condensation problems.
We will make recommendations for the most cost effective way to increase the comfort of your home, and suggest best practices for reducing energy usage.
What is included in a home performance test?
- Visual inspection of attic, building shell and mechanical equipment
- Computer Energy Monitoring
- Ventilation and Condensation Assessment
- Blower Door Test
- Infrared Camera Inspection
- Space and Water Heating Equipment
- Combustion Testing
- Pressure Diagnostic testing
- Moisture Assessment
- Water Leak Testing
- Roof Leak Testing