- Advanced Whole Home Diagnostics
- New Construction Services
- Home Energy Score
- Business & Groups
- Upcoming Courses
- BPI Building Analyst Certification Training
- BPI Building Analyst / Energy Auditor Training & Certification Classes
- BPI Envelope Professional Certification
- BPI Building Analyst / Envelope Professional Training
- BPI Air Leakage Control Installer Certification
- BPI Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Certification
- BPI Heating Specialist Certification
- HERS Rater Certification Training
One of the technological components we rely on for effective and accurate testing is infrared thermography. This thermal imaging tool is used in all of our diagnostic evaluations. We use it to inspect the airflow and efficiency of a home, including the basement, attic, and hard to see nooks and crannies. With an infrared camera, we don’t have to guess at the cause of air leaks and energy loss; we can see it and record the results.
How Does An Infrared Camera Work?
Infrared cameras detect the radiation emitted by all objects. Since the amount of infrared radiation increases with temperature, thermography lets us see temperature differences. As you can see in the image below, red and yellow show heat radiating into the colder, blue surroundings. This shows heat loss and identifies the area that needs to be insulated or sealed.
If you’re interested in having your home assessed using a thermal imaging camera contact us today at (319) 244-8564
Keep your family healthy by keeping your home healthy and safe
Call or Email for a FREE Consultation